Having already decided, over the course of this last year, what the tattoo I was going to get to celebrate my 30th was, I stumbled across this quote yesterday which comes incredibly close to what I had decided on. So that was a happy coincidence because Emerson is one of my heroes and favourite writers of all time. It makes me feel what I will be getting is definitely right…which I suppose is a good thing seeing as it is pretty permanent! And I definitely believe in it.
Image from Besottedblog
Happy new year…may 2014 be filled with many brilliant days. I am pretty excited about it, and have a few resolutions or intentions for 2014:
1. Race the UCI Classic, Paris-Roubaix;
2. Run a sub 6 hour half iron-man;
3. Go to NYC and see my pals who moved there earlier this year;
4. Start planning a move abroad myself, not sure when where or how just yet;
5. Get a 10k PB (not sure how achievable this is, but after having my running career cut short at 18, just as I was moving from track to the road, and since happily coming out of retirement at 25 I have been concentrating on the longer distances but there is a little niggling feeling am still pretty sure I have a sub 40 10k in me. May be proved wrong but will give it a shot);
6. Go back to Tarifa and learn to kitesurf properly, rather than just kind of wiggle about with the kite; and
7. Get drunk more. Might affect 1-6 though…but at least it will be fun!
Now I have written these down I definitely have to do them…