I’m very lucky to have some excellent pals, and this is a little virtual love letter to one of them who is currently a few hundred miles away (come back soon!).
This particular friend is exceedingly stylish (she has her own blog at www.thelingeriewardrobe.com check it out if you too have a penchant for pants). She has an eye for a classic design, but also appreciates the absurd – which I happen to think is an excellent combination.
If I had all the money in the world, these are the things I would buy her:
1. An ingenious idea of a magazine rack for all her back copies of Vogue;
Image via Katie Smiley
2. A set of bowler hat lights for her hallway for her sense of humour;
Innermost Jeeves Bowler Hat Light by Jake Phipps at Heals
3. A desk for her blogging exploits, with a classic Wegner wishbone chair;
4. A beautiful compact Alwyn sofa from James Design for relaxing on after a hard looking at undies;
Image from D Talks
5. A lovely dining room where we could all sit round and eat sophistated delights such as morrisons cheese bread and minstrels;
6. And for the grand finale – some star spangled trousers to lounge around in, receiving guests;
Trousers by Sonia Rykiel,image from farfetch
Have an excellent week Sparrow – hurry back soon. I miss you!
p.s I would of course also buy myself some jazzy undies in your honour, so you would know I was not wearing a pair extracted from an M&S multipack. I know that this would bring you great joy!